Personal injury is a broad area of the law encompassing injuries that are caused by the fault or negligence of another person or business. Personal injury lawsuits can come in many subcategories, including but not limited to the following:
• Wrongful death
• Catastrophic injuries
• Premises or landowner liability
• Automobile accidents
• Trucking accidents
• Motorcycle accidents
• Railroad crossing accidents
• Medical malpractice
• Birth injury
• Slip and fall accidents
• Traumatic brain injury
• Spinal cord injury
• Pharmaceutical injury
• Defective products
• Nursing home negligence
• Professional negligence
• Construction accidents
• Occupational diseases
• Toxic torts
• Workplace injuries
Our experienced team of attorneys at the Perry Law Firm have been representing individuals and their families in all aspects of personal injury claims for many years. It is important to note that personal injury claims often involve much more than an injury lawsuit. Other matters that commonly accompany personal injury lawsuits include:
• Opening and probating the estate of a deceased client in a wrongful death claim.
• Addressing disputes between family members regarding distribution of settlement or judgment proceeds.
• Special estate planning needs after receiving a large settlement or judgment.
• Creating a Special Needs Trust to maintain Medicaid eligibility after receiving a settlement or judgment.
• Coordinating and planning relating to health insurance benefits and subrogation, as well as Medicare and Medicaid eligibility and Medicare Set Asides.
• Guardianship and/or conservatorship of an incapacitated client.
• Guardianship and/or conservatorship of dependents of incapacitated clients.
• Assistance in locating proper care for a client including rehabilitation services, nursing home care, home health services, etc.
• Working with insurance companies and other benefit providers to qualify a spouse or other family caregiver to be compensated for their services.
• Assistance with vocational rehabilitation, training, and education to be able to return to work after an injury.
• Addressing lawsuits and/or garnishments from creditors who the client is unable to pay because of loss of income, including negotiating debt reduction and advice regarding bankruptcy.
• Addressing housing issues such as home foreclosure or eviction.
• Addressing employment-related matters such as sick leave, Family Medical Leave Act leave, leaves of absence, COBRA insurance benefits, etc.
• Applying for Social Security disability or SSI benefits or obtaining disability benefits under a disability insurance policy.
• Assistance obtaining benefits under long-term care insurance policies.
• Assistance with Veterans’ Affairs and other military benefits.
• Assistance in appropriate investment and maintenance of settlement/judgment including structured settlements, referrals to accountants, referrals to investment advisors, etc.
• Addressing issues that may arise with a business owned by an injured client.
• Family/domestic law issues that may arise including divorces, custody of dependents, or modifications of support because of reduced income.
Our experienced legal team deals with all aspects of a personal injury claim, not just the lawsuit. Your claims will be addressed by an attorney in our office and your work will never be outsourced to another law firm. We have been providing these services for Nebraskans across the entire state for more than 90 years. If you would like to speak to a member of our experienced legal team, please contact our office for a free consultation at 1-888-576-9200.The results obtained in any cases referred to in this website are based upon the specific
facts of each case. Each case must be evaluated upon its own facts and merits.